A prophetic teaching by Margaret Ochsner, a member of Women’s Apostolic Alliance
If I want to take a photo on my camera, I must have it positioned correctly to get the photo that I want, because whatever my camera is focused on will get imprinted on the lens of my camera.
This is also true with us! Whatever we are focused on gets imprinted on our soul!
If we focus on our circumstances, or our problems, or are led by our emotions and how we feel – we come under them!
Is God bigger than any circumstance, and every problem? Yes, He is!
Does He have the answers? Yes, He does!
It is one thing to believe this with our mind, but do we really fully believe this in our heart?
I love the story of Peter walking on the water in Matthew Chapter 14.
Jesus had just fed five thousand men, (plus women and children) with 5 loaves and 2 fish! He sent His disciples ahead of Him to cross the lake by boat, while He stayed behind to pray to His Father. Then in the early hours of the morning He comes walking on the water towards them. When Peter realised that it was Jesus, he said, “Bid me come to You, Lord.”
And Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.”
So, He said, “Come.” And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus.
But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out saying, “Lord. Save me!”
And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”
While he focused on the Lord, he walked on water. He was in the middle of a huge miracle! But suddenly he lost his focus! He started to look at the size of the waves and listen to the wind and he started to sink.
As soon as he took his eyes off the Lord – lost his focus on Jesus – he started to sink!
Also fear and doubt came in. These cancel faith and stop a miracle from happening!
God wants us to learn to focus on Him, in the midst of the circumstance. Not on the circumstance.
He is bigger is bigger than any circumstance and problem.
· He is alive in us in the power of the Holy Spirit and He just wants to get out to be God to us, for us, and through us.
· He is the source of everything that we need – protection, strength, wisdom, peace, love, power, authority etc.
· He has the answer. He is the answer.
· He is the same God, who made a path through the Red Sea for His people and saved them from the Egyptians; who saved Daniel from the lions; saved Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-Nego from the fiery furnace; who healed the lepers, the blind and the deaf, and raised the dead.
· He is the same yesterday, today and forever. A miracle working, sovereign God.
· He is large and in charge and for us.
If God is for us, who can be against us?
We just need to choose to believe and keep our focus on Him, the author and finisher of our salvation.