An encouraging teaching by Margaret Ochsner, a member of Women’s Apostolic Alliance
I believe a spirit of fear and anxiety has been unleashed on the earth with the Covid virus. These spirits have always been here, but they are rife at this time.
Even so many Christians are suffering from anxiety and fear at this time.
Jesus commands us not to fear, not to be anxious about anything.
He Himself has said, “I will never leave you or forsake you.” So, we may boldly say: “The Lord is my Helper; I will not fear, what can man do to me?”
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known unto God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
This is a “big ask” but would He ask something of us that was impossible for us to do?
It is natural that we are concerned about things, but concern is different from fear or anxiety.
The reason He asks us not fear, not to worry and not to be anxious is because He defeated these things at the cross on our behalf, so we no longer have to be bound by them.
STEP 1 -TO WALKING FREE FROM FEAR AND ANXIETY.
· To choose to believe this in our heart, not just with our mind.
If God’s Word says it, and it does, we need to believe it. God cannot deny His Word or His character.
So, our response should be – “Thank You, Jesus, I am choosing to believe I can be free from fear and anxiety, because Your Word says so.”
Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
1 John 3:8
For this purpose, the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
Fear and anxiety are works of the devil. They give the devil access BIG TIME. They can totally shut you down, paralyse you or cause depression and sickness.
Is that what Jesus wants for us?
The only reason Jesus allowed His body to be abused beyond what we can image, subject to fear and trauma etc. was so we can be free of these things.
Otherwise, it would be the most horrendous thing that had ever happened in the history of mankind if He, the Son of God suffered these things without a purpose.
It was so we could be free of these things!
Jesus conquered His fears at Gethsemane. He knew what was ahead – Crucifixion.
We cannot imagine being beaten with a cat-of-nine tails 39 times until the skin was peeling off our backs; having nails hammered into your hands and feet; being nailed to a cross; having it jolted into the ground; having to support your weight like that for 6 hours; having to take on every heinous sin that mankind has ever committed and being separated from His Father, who He had been with from Eternity.
That is what Jesus was facing! He was in agony of soul and even prayed –
“Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not My will, but Yours be done.”
And His Father had to send an angel to strengthen Him.
He even sweat great drops of blood, which is a phenomenon that can happen when one is overwhelmed to the point of death.
But Jesus knew, that He was the only one without sin, who could pay the price for our sins, and He so loved His Father and wanted to obey Him and reconcile us to God.
Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Jesus conquered fear and anxiety at Gethsemane and
Jesus defeated fear and anxiety at the cross.
Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
Jesus defeated Satan, sickness, sin, evil and every principality and power including fear at the cross. It was a total complete work
STEP 2 – TO WALK FREE FROM FEAR AND ANXIETY
· Choose to believe Jesus conquered fear and anxiety at Gethsemane and defeated it at the cross on your behalf.
· Thank Him for this!
· Acknowledge and confess your fears.
· Choose to renounce them and break agreement with them.
· Strip them of all false authority and power that you have given them, even unknowingly
· Strip them of all false authority, power, and every illegal right they have given the devil to access you.
· Command them off your life in the name of Jesus and the power of the finished work of the cross and His blood that was shed for you.
· Believe and receive the gift of faith, God’s peace, protection, safety, security and His perfect love which casts out fear.
SO – Philippians 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing why?
· Because God is large and in charge and for you.
· He is in you in the power of the Holy Spirit, just waiting to get out to be God to you and through you and for you; to release His protection, safety, wisdom, power, strength, peace – whatever you need.
· Jesus has defeated anxiety on your behalf.
But with prayer and supplication let your requests be known to God.
· Because every cry He hears.
· He is the Burdon Bearer
· He is bigger than any circumstance or problem and He has the answers.
· Because He is faithful and trustworthy.
· He inhabits the praise of His people. It allows Him to come.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
This is an awesome promise and it is ours if only we will believe and receive.
With God all things are possible.